Monday, June 8, 2015

Museum of Osteology in Oklahoma City


The Museum of Osteology in Oklahoma City has to be one of my favorite spots to go with my sketchbook and draw still life. It's such a strangely calming place... Full of benches in front of the skeleton showcases which makes life much easier as an artist who wants to just chill and zone out drawing these complex structures gifted to us by the earth.

(all photographs are from 2013 except the one single photograph under this sentence. )



If I was a little kid I probably wouldn't have been interested in this place simply because of the lack of color everywhere but as an adult I could get lost in this building for hours. 




I think I stood in front of this glass tank watching the beetles clean these skulls for a good thirty minutes... I couldn't peel my eyes away to venture around to something else.




This is an old photograph of me from a few years back... I used to have black hair, which only lasted for about two months before I had switched to purple.





All in all I seriously recommend checking this place out...and if you are a artist I recommend bring along your sketchbook as well.

Stay Spooky,
-Allison Eckfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment