Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We all House a Beautiful Soul.


I used to have a hard time seeing the point in doing my make up and hair everyday... Most of the time I would save spoofing myself up for when I was going out on the town or hanging out with friends... Now I wear make up and tease my hair everyday...

why?

For myself.

I feel like when I treat myself to make up and pretty hair then I feel more valuable... to myself! I feel like a beautiful Gothic German Princess.
That is a wonderful feeling.


Now I still think I look good without make up.... But I honestly feel stunning when in make up and after taking time on myself.

I can walk by the mirrors in the house and feel pride.
When my boyfriend comes home I feel like a model.
Even in local markets I have people stop me asking for pictures with me.

This post is starting to seem Egotistic is it not?

That definitely is not my point nor what I am going towards. My point with this post is to tell you, my lovely readers, That when you take time on yourself and love yourself; it will show in your daily life. So if taking long strolls in a Forrest, or dancing to music in public makes you feel what I feel by putting on make up; then by all means do it.

When you take time on yourself and love yourself then...and really only then can you love others fully.



Embrace your goofy laugh, your crooked smile, along with your weight.

Instead see them as a laugh that sounds like little bells, a smile that can light up the darkest skies, and that your body is beautiful and houses your unique soul. 

Don't fall victim to self loathing.

Spoil yourself and show yourself love. Become the best version of you that you can be.

Along with make up and hair, I normally dance, read, run, play bass, write, paint and draw... Its hard to fit it all in one day most of the time....But when I can I feel amazing inside. 
I just cut out the T.V and most of the time even Internet.

So From this point on make sure you are showing yourself love...The joy you'll receive and give to others is worth it.

Love and be Loved.

Stay Spooky,
Allison Eckfeldt.





7 comments:

  1. I needed to hear this.
    Thank you! ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome <3 I love your hair and makeup <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for writing this post, i really needed it! i have been feeling bad about myself lately, and your post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @theemocarebear - I'm glad that I was able to say something like this if you needed it. :)

    @Leena - Thank you so much <3 :)

    @bunika - I'm so happy I made you smile! :)) thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so right!!
    i agree 100% with your point! we should love yourself and be loved
    and i loooved you pics

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers for positive thinking!
    P.S.: Do you like Siouxie and the Banshees? (Because your makeup is a bit like Siouxie)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D thankyou so much for this!
    You're too cute!

    ReplyDelete